The JSI Aircraft range presents highly-detailed, ready-made plastic models of military aircraft in 1:18 scale. Their large size allows for a large number of articulated features while their plastic construction helps keeps their weight down to a reasonable level.
JS International display airplanes feature:
- Molded plastic construction with some snap-fit assembly required.
- Realistic panel lines, antennas, access panels and surface details.
- Pad printed markings and placards that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Opening canopies, revealing detailed cockpit interiors.
- Selected moveable control surfaces.
- Functional extending/retracting landing gear with rolling wheels.
- Authentic detachable ordnance loads complete with placards.
DISCLAIMER - Please Read Please keep in mind that large scale plastic models are not scaled-up versions of their smaller diecast cousins. They are pre-assembled from a large number of components and production compromises are often made to keep them within reach of the casual collector's budget. Factory painting, glueing and alignment discrepencies are often visible upon close inspection.
The models arrive paritially deconstructed and do require time to un-package and assemble prior to display. Assembly mostly consists of pushing together snap-fitting parts, although a little attention with a sharp hobby knife and/or superglue is sometimes required to achieve the best fit.
In summary, with a little effort, these models can make fantastic, attention-grabbing showpieces from a reasonable viewing distance. Up close however, their more toy-like qualities will become apparent. We regret that we are unable to accept returns on these items for minor fit and finish issues.
© Copyright 2003-2019 The Flying Mule, Inc.